“A leader’s job often includes changing people’s attitudes and behavior.” Dale Carnegie
The Communicator Awards
2013 Award Recipient for
Kaba Lodging Buyer Persona
2012 Award Recipient for Writing
Viewpoint: Hotels, Guests Shift to Behavioral eAdvertising
Click Here for our Client Experience
What Our Clients Say
“When we do a strongly messaged press release through Softscribe Inc., we seem to get calls out of the blue. The PR strategy they execute is powerful; it is really working.”
Harvey Welles, CEO/ President
InvoTech Systems, Inc.
“I have worked with Julie Squires and Softscribe since 2005 in two different industries and companies. They are rainmakers. The agency is agile, innovative and beats big agencies by a country mile in terms of results. That’s why I turn to them for cultivating and developing media relationships, viewpoint ideas, research and web analytics reporting.”
Vice President Communications and Marcom
SRA International Inc., the Fairfax, Va., technology and consulting services company, was acquired by Providence Equity Partners for $1.88 billion.
“Today I received a call from a prospect. The Director of Finance forwarded him our HITEC video press release from the Hotel Online website. They have been considering purchasing a uniform management system, and Softscribe gave them a kick in the butt.
Jeff Welles, Vice President
InvoTech Systems, Inc.
“Softscribe brings ideas and strategic thinking to our public relations efforts. The positive effects are tangible: increasing brand awareness and increasing energy in the sales teams.”
Director of Product Marketing
“Softscribe is a valuable partner that contributes to The Rainmaker Group’s growth. The Softscribe team first helps us develop our strategic messaging in the hospitality and multifamily housing markets, and then executes marketing programs that result in greater awareness of Rainmaker’s revenue benefits in both industries.”
Tammy Farley, Principal
The Rainmaker Group
“Quite often I have people say they saw the press releases or videos Softscribe creates for us; those are qualified inquiries that lead to sales.”
Vice President of Sales
“Aptech has had 100% customer loyalty over the last 30 years offering back-office and business intelligence solutions to hospitality. Softscribe® Inc. helped us identify our core positioning and then increased our exposure in the industry through meaningful customer stories and press releases. Our public relations momentum has resulted in a 30% increase in hits on our website, which brings us more qualified customers.”
Jay Troutman, President
Aptech Computer Systems, Inc.
“As President of Troux Technologies, I worked closely with our sales and marketing efforts in all markets. Softscribe® was responsible for public relations in our Federal market efforts. Softscribe® and Julie Squires were nothing short of outstanding. In particular:
- They were proactive in working with us, identifying relevant messages, pitching ideas, and setting up story opportunities.
- They were always prepared and prepared us for each press and speaking opportunity.
- They knew the market, the players, the important points to stress.
- And most importantly, they produced numerous tangible results in positive articles and mentions of Troux.
I know of at least three significant sales opportunities that originated from key buyers in our market seeing our name prominently mentioned in a relevant article. I highly recommend Julie and Softscribe.”
Softscribe combines the best of both worlds—unparalleled hospitality industry knowledge and proven public relations expertise. They have helped use raise the bar on our public relations program especially in the area of social marketing and alternative communications. Their innovative strategies and strong trade media relationships have delivered for us time after time.
Director of Marketing
I just wanted to share some great results from our recent press release—we garnered 7 leads – 5 good ones—right after that press release hit! All were impressed!Thanks for all you do!
Ivana Johnston, Marketing
“JDA’s Service Industries business unit is a long standing customer of Softscribe’s PR and marketing services, and our company continues to benefit from their deep industry insight and expertise. Softscribe’s executives work seamlessly with our in-house sales and marketing team to maximize the impact and value of our PR investments, and I’m confident the relationship will continue to strengthen.”
Group Vice President, Services Industries
“Flyte Systems was a brand new division for our parent company when we partnered with Softscribe, and it’s now like having an entire marketing department at our side. From day one they hit the ground running with the resources we needed to position this new venture in the hospitality arena. Their experience in the industry, media contacts, and creativity are drawing attention to our product line and are developing quality leads that come to us.”
Flyte Systems, Inc.
“We had been selling into the government market for 18 months when we brought Softscribe® on as a sales force multiplier. Over a two year period, their public relations activities – especially the customer stories – helped increase our sales 25%.”
Computas NA was acquired by Troux Technologies in December 2004 for $30 million.
Start-Ups and Revenue Growth
- Gold Key Solutions – launched into the hospitality market, revenue growth, solidified the brand.
- Government Futures –launched into the government market, increased stakeholder participation, solidified the brand.
- The Rainmaker Group – solidified brand in hospitality, casino/gaming, and real estate/multi-family housing markets; revenue growth; moved into social media.
- NxTV, Inc. – solidified the brand in hospitality; revenue growth, positioned as thought leader in IP VOD and TV deployment.
- Computas NA – revenue growth in government-sector until acquisition by Troux Technologies; afterwards helped Troux introduce its brand to the public sector and grow revenue.
Established Companies – Solidifying Brand Benefit Messaging and/or Attracting Acquisition Partners
- Aptech Computer Systems, Inc. – positioned as the business intelligence leader in the hospitality industry; revenue growth; thought leader positioning in BI and real estate trends.
- NORTHWIND-Maestro PMS – positioned as the leader in enterprise-wide PMS system solutions; revenue growth.
- JDA Software (NASDAQ: JDA) – helped rebrand its TTH (Travel, Tourism, Hospitality) division after its acquisition of Manugistics; revenue growth.
- Popkin Software & Systems – solidified brand in the government market
- LodgeNet (NASDAQ: LNET) –helped make brand synonymous with HDTV; drove new customer acquisitions, contract renewals.
- VIP International – helped rebrand to ‘Vantis’ after its acquisition of competitor Lexington Services; revenue growth
Softscribe Inc. clients that were acquired
- SRA International was acquired in 2011 by Providence Equity Partners for $1.88 Billion
- Computas NA by Troux Technologies in December 2004 for $30 million
- Manugistics by JDA Software in July 2006 for $213 million
- Popkin by Telelogics in April 2005 for $45 million (Softscribe had already concluded its engagement with Popkin)
- Vantis by TravelCLICK in October 2005 (undisclosed)